About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

SHAAAZAM BAA DAAA BING BANG!!!

I am beyond head over heels in love with my brand new niece!! My sis Elizabeth called me this morning telling me that their daughter was born last night.












Hayley Grace was born on the 28th, (which happens to be my favorite #) at 11:42pm & weighed in at 9lbs 4ozs & she is 20 inches long.













Ken & I just returned from the hospital. Meeting her was as if I have known her my whole life. Her lil miniature lips, fingers & ears just melt my soul & make me so very appreciative of the miracle I held in my arms.














Hayley has an ultra fabulous, precious big 1yr old sister Madison who was chillin with her Gma & Gpa T. When my niece Madison was born last April Ken & I were in Massachusetts at Ken's Nana's house so we didn't get to meet Madison Lily until we got home...about a week after she was born. I never realized just how much I could love a lil being until I became an auntie.








My sister Elizabeth & I did not grow up together. She was adopted by our biological Mother's sister & I was adopted by my real Dad's parents. It wasn't until she was in her late teens that we started talking & we began hanging out & really getting to know each other after she was out of school.







With my two biological sisters I am just that...a sister & I am an auntie to their wunnaful fabulous kiddos. There is no step this or that...they are what they are & allow me to be what I am...a sister & auntie. Unlike in my family... I say this because there are a few members of my 'adopted' family that call me a "sneister" which is a version of sister/niece or "caunty" meaning cousin/aunt . It has to do with the whole me being adopted thing. Anyways, the saying urks me to no end & I have come to the conclusion if I am considered by others to be something that I am not, then I shall be nothing.




A few years ago my nephew & his wife announced that they were pregnant. I was beyond ecstatic to be a great auntie. I was then informed that I wouldn't be the child's auntie...but a cousin. I remember crying for hours on end. It's as if my place in the family didn't exist.














Even though Elizabeth & I weren't brought up together we have what I'd call an amazing sisterly relationship. Elizabeth is not only my sister but one of my very best friends & I could never thank her enough for everything she is & has done for me & has given me & more importantly allowed me to be!!!







I am an AUNTIE!!! And that my friends, rocks my socks bright purple!!!

4 comments:

Anitra Cameron said...

Oh, she's beautiful! Congratulations to all of you!

And the various names...In a lighter vein, you reminded me of my eldest daughter's birth. My little (hee hee 6'2"!) brother, when I called him, asked in all seriousness, "So, am I an Aunt or an Uncle?" Totally cracked me up.

Jewel said...

Congratulations AUNTIE! Being an aunt is so much fun! Um...in your picture I do believe your socks are blue...so after that picture was taken then your socks turned bright purple??? Just Kidding! Thanx for sharing your niece!

Liz said...

I love you! =)

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can phrase that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is even now a definitely as you did in the fall delivery of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=corel paint shop pro photo x2 ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you procure not used. Or you partake of the dark methods of inspiriting of the resource. I have a week and do necheg