About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Don't have time for this!!

Once more I am going to address the Meniere's thing. I hate to talk about it much, if at all. But a couple nights ago I had a good friend say some ignorant, un-intelligent things to me & since then it has just been festering. I would normally laugh at the absurd comments she was saying but the fact is that I have not felt good since Saturday of last week had a bit to do with the sheer frustration I have.
We went camping last weekend & did some hiking along beautiful Lake Superior. I was so off blalance during the whole hike that Ken & my lil brother had to help me way too much. I fear I won't be able to make those treks along the cliffs for much longer. So I made sure to take in everything that I possibly could & savor it.
Sunday we had a surprise anniversary party for my real Dad & his wife. I got wham bammed with an attack that afternoon. Luckily I think I was able to hide it for the most part. But, I've been in this funk since then & just can't shake these dizzies & the barfy-ness. I have not accomplished much at all around the house & that urks me to no end. Tomorrow is the Relay For Life & I hope so badly that I will be able to participate like I said I was going to. I feel that doing this event is so very important. Today I bought 3 lumineria bags & decorated them up. One in memory of my Dad, another in honor of my friend Becky who is a 15yr cancer survivor & another one in honor of my friend Shane's Mom who is courageously fighting brain cancer. I plan on purchasing a few more bags tomorrow. One in honor of my biological aunt who just found out on this past Monday that she has breast cancer, another in honor of my friend Annie who is a breast cancer survivor, one in memory of my friend Shana's brother, Brian another in Honor of kens nan who is a 2 time cancer survivor & in momory of Kens grandpa. I would also like to do something special for my Aunt Nancy & Uncle Leonard who both passed away from cancer. I NEED to feel well tomorrow!!! I have NO time for Meniere's!!! My hope & goal is to do at least 4 miles but hopefully 10. Fingers crossed. I need to feel well!!! I need to feel well!!!
So, now that I purged all that let me go into what this friend of mine did. She & I have been friends since grade school. She just happens to be deaf. Anyways, we have continued to keep in touch through the years & lately she only IM's me when she wants to sell something to me or wants me to join some sort of business adventure she's doing. I have enough on my plate with just the trucking stuff & feeling like trash a lot. But this time she wouldn't let it go. She is selling vitamins & is hell bent on them being a "cure" for me. She professes that doctors don't know anything & they are poisening me with the meds. She then went on to tell me the vitamins I would need & even went as far as telling me my cell phone is causing me to have MM & have my hearing be all faduckled. I tried my darndest to educate her on what MM is but she was still so hell bent on the selling of vitamins & is determined to get me to join when she comes home next month.
I feel as though I am losing a great friend. Maybe it's for the best though. I'm a much happier person when I surround myself with positive people and I have been trying so hard not to vent like this & have been focusing my energy on the important things in life. This is getting the best of me...it was one of my best friends saying this.
I don't know how to deal with the ignorances such as this. I'm sick of explaining over & over again....

1 comment:

Jewel said...

Oh Kathy---I can only imagine how frustrating it is to have to explain yourself to people over & over again! I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I have a feeling I know who it is...am I right? Anyway, hang in there! God has made you a strong person and w/Ken's help, you can survive what life throws at ya!