About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Mindless Pitter Patter








I originally started this blog with the sole intention of it being about dealing with my Meniere’s while on the road with my husband. It got to be too depressing only writing about that crap. I’m sure it will come up on occasion but it needn’t take over my being.


I guess for the first entry I will better introduce myself & give you a better idea of who I am….
I am married to my best friend, my soul mate & my everything, Ken. We just celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary this past March 23rd.


I am an aunt to many, a cousin to oodles, a daughter, a sister to 20 siblings, (yeah you read that right, I have 20 siblings), a daughter in law to my fabulous in-laws, a Mommy to our 5 dogs Macey, Brayden, Mckenzie, Allison & Arizona & our 2 cats, Buster & Betsey, a friend to many. The daughter of Donald & Thelma and a friend to many fabulous people.


I love paper & reading. I crochet & bead whenever I have time. I find solace in Lake Superior’s rocky shores. I love to write & I snort when I laugh real hard.


I am a feverish researcher on meniere’s Disease & am continually looking for answers, I’m the biggest animal lover I know & would love to have many more pets. I believe in rescuing animals from abused homes & animal shelters.


I am a survivor of life’s many turbulances & continue to keep on choosing to keep on moving along.


I’m what you’d call a sports junkie. NASCAR is my 1st love & baseball, more specifically The Red Sox & football, gotta be the Packers close behind& hockey too. During off season of Racing I tend to watch races from the 80’s & 90’s on SPEED Channel…cuz I’m cool like that. LOL


I get my thrills with big trucks & I hate riding & driving cars. Air Horns have been noted to float my fancy & raise a couple shirts.


I’m a seamstress, although not too good…but I try & have great fun. I take too many pictures. But actually I don’t believe there is such a thing as taking too many pictures. I scrapbook & doodle designs on paper & can spend hours making cards with rubber stamps.


I’m the world’s biggest Kid at Christmas time & I begin listening to Christmas music daily come October. I love the Upper MI winters & would never want to move down south to hot weather. Especially during winter. Autmn is my favorite season.


I still wish on falling stars every single time I see one. Has one of those wishes come true? No, but I continue to wish. Ken & I bought a star from the National Star Registry a few years ago in memory of our babies Angel & Alex (I had an entopic pregnancy in 95 & another in 97)


I’m not into diamonds & fancy things & I actually do prefer cubic zirconia over diamonds. My fave gem is Tanzanite & I despise yellow gold. You could pretty much wrap foil around my finger & glue an interesting rock on it & I’d appreciate that & treasure it forever.


I am a complete scatterbrain most of the time . After I have a Meniere’s attack I am even more-so. I have so may ideas going through my head at one time.


I’m a total people watcher & I can read lips very well. I also know sign language…although it’s a bit rusty…but I’m working on un-rustifying it.


I have too many baseball type hats to hide my crazy naturally curly/wavy hair. On humid days I don’t even attampt to control my wild hair.


I’m pretty much an insomniac & I harbor useless information in my brain. I laugh a lot & real loud…so I’m told. I can’t hear myself hum or sing along with a song so I never know if the neighborhood is hearing me when I belt my lungs out.


I have sensational neighbors now that the crack heads got evicted. I grow numerous flowers & miss having a big veggie garden.


I hate to do dishes, but love to cook & bake. Thanks to whoever invented the dishwasher! I am also a complete anal retentive, almost obsessive compulsive towel folder. My sheets as well. I have lists for almost everything & dream of the day of my husband & I adopting a child & completing our already fabulous life.


Soooooo….I think that gives a smidgen of what this scatterbrain is all about. I can’t wait till I have something more worthwhile to post than this mindless pitter patter =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathy---I love how you shared yourself! I learned so much about you! I think you are an absolutely wonderful "scatterbrain!"