About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Belated Halloweenie!!!



I went on a road trip with the hubbykins last Tuesday afternoon & didn't get home till Thursday night. I rarely, if ever take my computer on the road with us.
Thursday night after my brother's birthday get together ken & I went to Wally World to pick up a few things & search out Halloweenie costumes. We found nothing. I got home, went online to see if I could get any ideas...it was a no-go so I shut the computer down. I started thinking about Christmas, and putting up our Christmas tree. That was it! We got out of our jammies & went back to the store & bought the fabric & accessories for a Christmas tree costume. I sewed until 3am & worked on it till 5am!! All I needed was some battery operated Christmas lights to complete the costume. We went to Menard's the following morning & found solar lights!! How fantastical! It was a splurge $ wise but I'm going to use them on the fence in the back yard. (We don't have an outlet back there)


Ok, I have everything I need now so we go to Shopko to rent the Rug Dr & look at costumes for Ken. I'm not kidding you when I say we had people flocking to the aisle we were in to see what was so funny. I a loud laughter & you get me laughing I go into a fit of snorts!!! Ken had found a Hilary Clinton mask!!! Now if you know Ken at all you only know a chill, go with the flow, almost shy-ish guy. I assure you, he gives me a run for the $ in the oddness department!! He looked for something along the pantsuit idea on the hung costume rack. Found nothing. But we found a cute lil french maid costume on clearance for 60% off!! My Christmas tree costume ended up a bit too short & bending over would have been a huge no-no. So, why not buy the maid outfit. It could come in handy if we ever have a Murder Mystery party right!!!!

After that adventure we headed to Goodwill for a pantsuit for the Kenster. He's a big guy so it was going to be hard. But alas, we found some pink elastic pants, fully loaded with some far out hip pleats!!! And he tried on the pink blazer in front of everybody. He then had to try it on in the dressing rooms. It wasn't gonna fit over his sweatshirt. LOL Imagine the onlookers! My burly husband in a pink dress coat!!! Well we got home, tried our costumes on & my lil brother spent the night so he took a few pics. Mrs Rinne even came over to see the costumes. Total funny-ness!! Ok, so we were all set for the party at Chad & Lisa's for the following night...

Yeah right, we woke up yesterday with total unsettled bellies & my body was achey, head just a poundin. It was not gonna be a swell morning...especially with one pottie room!!! So we started doping up on meds so we'd be able to attend the party...well needless to say we weren't well enough to go. =( I'm sad. We looked forward to this party for weeks!!! Bah.

My hottie Hilary with manly chest hair!!!



Ok, this is just WRONG!! Hilary, Ken in pink pants & a pink blazer!! It's ooberously funny though!!!




At least we had a good laugh with the costumes. I'm going to look for a Murder Mystery game we can do at our house & hopefully use these costumes in other ways.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You both look so cute together!! I would of liked to see you in the Chritmas tree costume!!

Jewel said...

Neat costumes! Yes, I agree, you need to post a pic of you in your Christmas tree costume. Just don't bend over the pic! :)

Mystery Maiden said...

Oh you should TOTALLY do a murder mystery game with those costumes -they'd be perfect!!

:)
Leigh Clements
The Mystery Maiden
Shot In The Dark Mysteries.com