About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I've got a mystery here...

This some of what I've been up to....

Crocheted dishcloths, scarves & mittens have been consuming my free time. I've never worked with the purple fuzzy yarn before that I made the scarves with. But they stitched up fairly easily. Of course I'll make matching sets & gift them away.










Ok, so ya get to see our extremely outdated kitchen next!! I do however love my purple walls =) I fired up the ole dehydrator today & sliced up a watermelon. With only having two people in our house it makes it hard to consume a whole watermelon. I refuse to buy half a melon or pre-sliced for some bizarre reason. The fruit turns out just like candy from the dehydrator. Sure makes for a yummy non messy treat when we're trucking. After this batch I have a pineapple to dehydrate & I'll mix that with nuts & raisins for a trail mix. It's a great snack to take with when we go hiking. I also whipped up a small batch of strawberry jam this afternoon.






This is a patchwork afghan of 63 different stitches I made a couple years ago. Not long after I draped it on the den couch Allison came by & plopped her chubby self on the bottom of it. Our dog Macey is by the patio door & that's my furry fluffball Buster on the back of the couch.






Now this next afghan is a mystery stitch. My sister emailed me the other day asking me if I knew how to do this stitch & if I could teach her. She won the blanket at the Church Bizarre. Usually I am fairly good at looking at a stitch & figuring it out but this one has me stumped. Anybody know how to do this? Or what it's called? I've been a googleing buffoon trying to figure it out!!






















Tomorrow my friend Sam & I are going to go to the Farmer's Market & then on Thursday we are going strawberry picking!!! YAHOOOOO! Strawberries are finally ready in the good ole' Upper Peninsula! Bring on more jams & jellies & shortcakes galore!










This weekend we are going camping at Ken's family's camp. Not too many will be there but it'll still be fun to chillax & visit & eat smores!!! =) Is it the weekend yet????

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Hi! The stitch looks like a loose version of the stitch I used in my Crazy Cloth pattern - http://cityofcrochet.blogspot.com/2006/10/crazy-cloth.html . I've seen it referred to as a diagonal stitch.