About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Blueberries 'n' Cream Pie OH MY!!!

On our way home from the Zoo we passed by a farm stand. Can't be passing up fresh produce now can we!!! Ken turned the truck around & we bought some fresh onions & 2 quarts of fresh blueberries. We got down the road a lil ways & passed by another road-side stand selling fresh corn on the cob & watermellons. So we turned around again & purchased a dozen ears of corn. We munched on the blueberries on the way home.

Once we got home after dropping the kiddos off we began making our dinner. We cooked up all the corn, made some baby red potatoes & added some of our fresh onion & had our free range chicken breasts. I will be canning the remaining corn. I paged through a recipe book I have & found a blueberries and cream pie & decided to give it a whirl. MAN! It was delish & super easy to make...so I totally have to share the recipe!!


I forgot to take a picture of the pie before digging in...



It's taken from the Taste Of Home's Contest Winning Annual Recipe book from 2007.

Blueberries 'n' Cream Pie
1/2 cup plus 1tbsp fat free milk, divided
3tbsb butter, melted
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 package (.8ozs) sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
1tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
1 package (8ozs) reduced-fat cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar

TOPPING:
2tsps sugar
1/8 tsp ground cinnamin

1. In a large mixing bowl, beat 1/2 cup milk, butter & egg. Combine the fluor, pudding mix, baking powder and salt: stir into egg mixtue just until moistened. Pour into a 9 inch pie plate coated with non sitick cooking spray. Arrange blueberries over batter to within 1/2 inch of edge of plate


2. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and remaining milk until smooth. Spread over blueberries to within 1 inch of berry edge. For topping, combine sugar & cinnamin: sprinkle over the cream cheese mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until set. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers (if you have any LOL) Yield: 8 servings

Nutritional facts: 1 piece equals 249 calories, 12 grams fat (7g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 6g protein.

Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit

No comments: