About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

YUM!

Today Ken & I drove out to our local greenhouse to pick rasberries. Well that was our hope anyways. The darn place was closed!! Apparently they are only open on the weekends. So back into town we went but, before headign home we stopped at a Farm Stand near the Fairgrounds. They set up there every year & sell their yummy goods. We picked up some baby red potatoes, 24 HUGE tomatoes to make stewed tomatoes with, and 6 juicy peaches.


After that we decided to tackle putting up a gate between our house & the neighbors. We have way to many wackadoodles who decide to cut through our houses as a short cut. Well that & the kids take jumps on our driveway. There's a jump from the sidewalk onto our driveway...NOT good. It seems that the kids in the neighborhood don't have ears because after we ask them to not do that they are back at it in no time. Hopefully this gate will be a solution to ours & the neighbors problem.





Once that project & the weeding of the flower beds were done we headed to the Farmer's Market downtown. I know, every single week I post on they yummy things we get there. This week was super fantastical as well!





They had blueberries this time & that sooo rocks our world. We also picked up some carrots, rhubarb, sugar snap peas, snow peas, and this twirly garlic. When the guy selling it was telling Ken what it was he said it's basically the top of the plant, sorta like a chive...but garlic.

We decided we'd use our veggies & make a home made stir fry for dinner tonight & I'd make a peach pie for desert. The stir fry turned out so delish. Ken was in charge of the stir fry sauce & he did one heck of a job creating a yummalish dish!! Oh my Smurfan heck! That blueberries & Cream pie can be substituded with peaches so I did that & holy fartan heck!!! Totally yummalicious!!!




It only took two of the peaches to fill this pie. I foresee 2 more of these peaches & cream pies with our remaining peaches ...We'll have to invite some friends over for din din this weekend. =)

1 comment:

Jewel said...

Too bad we live so far away that we can't be some of those friends who get to try your yummylicious peaches & cream pie! I just I'll just have to make it msyelf! It just won't be the same tho!