About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Friday, July 18, 2008

SNAP!

Ken got home just in time last night...about 15 minutes after he arrived we got a hugemungus storm that passed through. The rain was pounding in our screen room so I had to get the cat tower & doggie bed out from there. I was a bit late though as they were already drenched & by that time, so was I! So what the heck, we decided to sit back there & watch the storm. The wind was INSANE & rain was coming down horizontally right into our faces. Our glasses could have used some wipers! It was insanely loud so there we are, sitting in our screen porch, hollering at each other in order to talk & the trees were just dancing away & we kept hollering, "holy wha, look at that one. Then I screamed "HOLY SH! Look at OUR maple tree....It was practically bent in half! The SNAP!! Right in front of our eyes! How freakin cool was that!!! Well the cool amazement feeling lasted for just a lil while. Because we knew we were going to be in for one long night of removing the tree. It split right in half. One half landed on our neighbors garage & the other half is still standing, but very droopy. We managed to clean up all of the tree that was in the Nelson's yard & on the garage before it got dark. This weekend we still have half of that honkan maple to cut down & clean up & bring to the compost site. All this lifting is gonna help oodles with getting my arms in shape. In a couple of weeks we are going on a canoe trip. Here are some pics of our crazy mess!!












You can see in one of the pictures where our back screen room is...lucky the darn tree didn't come clunk on our heads with us being that close!!!

No comments: