About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Monday, July 21, 2008

The new lil gadget

Yesterday was my Mom's birthday. She would be 88 if she was still living... Ken & I were outside finishing up the cleaning up of the debris from the tree. The phone rang & Ken handed me the phone. He said it was my brother Mike on the phone. Mike went on to say "I got a question for ya" I was like "ok..." He went on to ask if I ever can like as in preserving, asked if I like applesauce...which was a yes. Then asked if I have ever made applesauce. I told him I did just last week. I was wondering where in the farts he was going with this. He then asked me if I'd be interested in having Mom's old applesauce puree-er. Which I was like heck yeah!!!! He then told me of a scrap of fabric he found. I'll address the fabric in a later post. This is all about applesauce =)





Apparently Mike had visited an antique store & saw one of these applesauce makers & reminded him that Mom had one in the fruit cellar. Well there is nobody else in my family that I know of who is such a robo dork about canning & preserving stuff as I am. We stopped at my family's house to pick this wunnaful gadget up before we headed out to the rasperry patch. Soooo many batches of applesauce were made with this lil gadget. Mike went on to tell me that he believes it was my Mom's Mom's!! How stinkan cool is that!!


After picking a flat of rasperries at the patch we went to the cemetary to "visit" Mom & Dad. Usually on Mom's birthday I am a lil frumpy froggish. But this was a wunnaful day with fabulous memories of Mom...I just hope to skittles my applesauce turns out as yumalishious as hers was!!

No comments: