About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Sunday, July 6, 2008

A pickin we will go!!!

On Thursday afternoon my friend Sam met me at my house & we headed up to camp to pick up my niece Brittany & headed to the strawberry patch. This was Brittany's 1st time ever picking strawberries so I was sure to take the camera with to document her picking adventure.

Well, the strawberry patch was packed!!! Which is a fantastic thing. They have this wagon pulled by a tractor that takes people out to the fields. Which is so nice because Sam decided to pick 3 flats, I had 3 flats as well & Brit was picking a flat for Ken's Mom. We were going to be picking fools!!!

The berries were extraordinary! We took advantage of a few picture opportunities & even tried to do a self picture of us in the wagon ride back to our vehicle all while bouncing around practically falling on each other. Ahhh fun times!!!


My niece Brittany & myself


Our self portrait didn't work too well!

On the way back into town I was sure to delight Sam & Brit with some Billy Joel to their soul! LOL I hope I didn't damage their ears or brains with my shananagins. Once again, fun times!


Once I dropped Brit back off & got home I had the daunting task of now cleaning these 3 flats of berries. I had spoke to Ken while cleaning the berries & he mentioned how he'd love to have some rhubarb. Only thing…the farmer's market does not have it anymore & I used mine up making jams last week. What to do, what to do. Soooo I called my swellacious neighbors. Why? Because they have heap loads of rhubarb in their yard of course. Just last week they told me we could take as much as we'd like. But I can't do that! So I called Tresa & asked her if we could trade. I'd bring her strawberries & she'd give me rhubarb!! Ahhh what a bargain!!! Gotta love that! I came home with an arm full of the rhubarb. But I still had a couple more flats to clean!


By the time Ken got home at 9pm I still had a half a flat left to clean & a quadruple batch of jam on the stove cooking & 2 loaves of angel food cake in the oven to take with us camping this weekend. Luckily I have a fabulous hubby! He grabbed a knife & helped me finish off the cleaning so we could head to camp for the long weekend!! =)

No comments: