About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Monday, July 21, 2008

The man upstairs was DEFINATELY involved!

Our downed maple tree is finally all cleaned up & disposed of. We have ourselves a nice stash of firewood for the firepit next year & camp also has gobs of wood as well for future bonfires.


Thursday night was one late night of cleaning up as much as possible. Ken had to leave at 4am on a run for work & returned home Friday late afternoon. He & I began tackling the tree mess again. I however didn't last long. It was one heck of a night spent in the bathroom. My Meniere's was totally kicking my arse something fierce! Thank God Ken was home because I needed him this time. My brain was ready to explode, my head was non stop spinning & I was just a pukey mess & I had horrible cramps. (Excuse the bluntness here) So, what to do? Do I take my anti vertigo meds, ibuprofin for the cramps? Meds for the migrane? Or perhaps put my head in a vice to stop it from spinning? Well in the state of mind I was in I decided to take ibuprofin. In hopes that the headache would go away. I always take 4 ibuprofin for headaches. Nothing less that that will even touch them. Anyways, so I pop what I think is ibuprofin. Then I realized they were freakin Aleve!!! YIKES!!! I was still a pukey spinny mess but managed to holler to Ken to come in the house. He had been outside talkign to his folks. Anyways, I didn't die from taking the Aleve & they are now put far away from where we put the ibnuprofin & my other meds.

After that ordeal Ken wanted me to go to bed but I wouldn't dare. I was still scared of my dosage & Ken was outside working on cutting down the tree. Someone had to be out there!! So I watched & then helped a lil after he had the branches down.

Saturday Kens Dad came over & they went at it with the tree again. I made the Nelson's (our neighbors)one of those Blueberries & Cream Pies & made a double batch of stewed tomatoes & canned those up. They had a few smaller limbs to cut off yet before they tackled the honkan big ones. Everything was going smoothly. The branches were falling as planned. Well one of them decided to go awol & crashed into the ladder which Bill (my father in law) was on. Ken was holding the rope. Anyways, Bill managed to grab onto the left side of the Y branch on the tree & then he lost his grip & fell about 6 or 8 feet. Luckily the chain saw stayed in the tree!! We all kept asking if Bill was alright & he assured us he was fine. He had a few scrapes on his forearms & that's it....pretty darn tootan lucky if you ask me!!! It was not too bad of a fall but it was bad enough that his hearing aides popped out of his ears when he fell. The big man upstairs was DEFINATELY looking out for Bill that day!! It could have been a real bad scene.

No comments: