About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hopes for the New Year

The year is coming to an end & a new one will begin before we know it. This past year we've had some ups & downs but all & all it was a good year. Of course it was a good year!! It was an EVEN numbered year!!!

Birthdays were celebrated, another anniversary with my hubbykins was had, crafts were made, adoptions failed, hearts mended, relationships nurtured. There was weeding out of toxic relationships & oodles upon oodles of hours spent canning & preserving. We went raspberry picking for the 1st time at a farm, witnessed numerous sunsets, swam in the lake, ran with the pups, camped in the sticks, read I don't know how many books, my gorgeous niece Hayley was born, we paid off the tv & den furniture. We saw the mountains & trucked 100,000 miles & didn't take a single moment of it for granted.

Every year I have a list of hopeful accomplishments for the coming year. I was surprised to see a real crafty gal Holli over at http://feedingthebigguy.blogspot.com/ posted a partial of her aspirations for the New Year. Below is a smidgen of my hopes for the upcoming year.

  • Grow what fruits & veggies I can in the limited space we have
  • Visit the Farmer's Market religiously
  • Can & preserve as much as humanly possible. This not only provides fresh produce but saves on the pocket book in the winter months when the produce is out of season
  • Further my knitting skills. There's so many neato ideas to make but yeah, I don't have the knitting mojo in my bones apparently.
  • Crochet at least 6 afghans
  • Continue being a Chemo Angel & up my letter/card sending
  • Learn a new sport even if it's through a DVD. Such a Yoga, Kickboxing
  • Read at least 28 books.
  • Better balance my diet to help control my Meniere's
  • Only purchase yarn when needed for a project. I have a tendency of purchasing yarn for funzies
  • Be more frugal. Ex: shutting off lights, hanging clothes on the line (which I luv to do by the way) Keeping the finances in order & better myself at saving
  • Laugh every day. I'm a firm believer in positive thinking will make a much happier person
  • Keep a journal of daily thoughts of my wonderous hubby & give it to him next Christmas or our anniversary
  • continue working on my strong headed-ness. I know I'm no walk in the park sometimes
  • stay connected with friends. This is such a struggle sometimes with being on the road
  • Visit Nana in Massachusetts
  • drink more water
  • go out with friends. yes, I typed that right. We rarely, if ever go out with friends anymore. Whether it be for dinner, movies, bowling or gatherings.
  • Visit our babies Memorial carvings at least twice
  • Go camping & watch the sunsets
  • become more familiar & less afraid of our canoe
  • Use my crockpot at least 50 times
  • go on a closet cleaning bonanza
  • Make meals for neighbors
  • make pillows out of Gpa W's old shirts & Mom's old dress
  • un-rustify my ASL so when we see Gwen & Shash we will be able to converse
  • which leads me to...going to NY to meet Shashica, Darren, Logan & Dasha

And to live live to it's fullest, not take life, or my loved ones for granted. I know I can't save the World but I will do what I can to hopefully make a difference.

The purpose of life is not to be happy – but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all. - Leo Rosten, American teacher and humorist

Be the change you want to see in the world -Gandhi

Happy New Year!!

4 comments:

Holli said...

Great list, Kathy! So glad you do this too. I think it's such a nice way to spell out ones hope and dreams for the coming year. May all your wishes come true. 2009 is sure to be a happy year.

xoxo,
Holli

PS I like your "only buy yarn for a project" goal -- I should add that to my list ;)

Tami said...

Now that is a list!

Happy New Year!
Hugs
Tami

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]wetter vorschau[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]wetter wetterzentrale[b][/url]

Anonymous said...

Hello.

A bank is a financial institution that accepts deposits and channels those deposits into lending activities. Banks primarily provide financial services to customers while enriching investors. Government restrictions on financial activities by bank vary over time and location. Bank are important players in financial markets and offer services such as investment funds and loans. In some countries such as Germany, bank have historically owned major stakes in industrial corporations while in other countries such as the United States bank are prohibited from owning non-financial companies. In Japan, banks are usually the nexus of a cross-share holding entity known as the keiretsu. In France, bancassurance is prevalent, as most banks offer insurance services (and now real estate services) to their clients.

The level of government regulation of the banking industry varies widely, with countries such as Iceland, having relatively light regulation of the banking sector, and countries such as China having a wide variety of regulations but no systematic process that can be followed typical of a communist system.[url=http://projectcontrol.v3host.nl]CLICK HERE[/url]