About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Mine came wrapped in green


After I gave my siblings the “secret project” my brother Mike presented me with a gift. He went on to say he’s no Martha Stewart & that I will have to finish what he started.

I was pondering what in the world this gift could be. Contrary to most people’s thoughts, I’m not an attention seeker. I like to blend & don’t like undue eyeballs staring at me. So naturally I was thinking…It couldn’t be Mom’s wedding dress. That’s in my bedroom on the wall. I have the afghan that was my Mom’s & sleep with it every night. Hmmm what could it be. I rarely, if ever let my guard down so I was trying to prepare myself for what it could be.



I opened up the top & saw a picture from a magazine on top of some sort of circle wreath type thing & fabric. The picture was of a wreath made out of ties….Ok, eyeballs welled up before I was even able to see what the gift was. It dawned on me…the circle with the fabric was my Dad’s old ties!! Flood gates opened & head fell to my hands. Mike had made me the best gift ever!! A piece of my Dad!!! Looking at the ties memories that were stashed away, that I thought were forever gone came to the surface.



I am not going to “finish” the wreath like Mike said. It looks super fab the way it is & he put the time & effort into making it so why fix it as the directions suggest. It will be hung in our bedroom which is a very special place. Mom’s wedding dress hangs on the wall above our headboard, Grandpa Woodbury’s memory quilt I made out of his old shirts lays on the log bed my real Dad & lil brother made, pictures of sunsets we’ve seen while on the road hang on the wall, Mom’s blue afghan gets nuzzled in between my arms each & every night & now this ultra fabulous wreath with so many memories of Dad will hang on our wall. How much better can that get!!!


You know how I posted the story about the gold wrapped gift where the kiddo wrapped a “empty” box filled with kisses for her Mom? Well my Gold Box was wrapped in green & the gift of Dad was in it.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Kathy~
What a great gift! Such wonderful memories attached to it!

Unknown said...

What an incredibly thoughtful gift!