About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Foodie Friday: Rhubarb Dream Bars


We like to try new recipes & often times I share them. I got word from several people on my facebook and other friends that I should start some sort of recipe sharing group. I gave it some thought & really don't know how it would work as far as allowing others to post their recipes in a fashion that all the members would be able to see them. So, for now I'm gonna do what I'll call "Foody Friday" each Friday on this here blog & see how it goes. Who knows, maybe it'll lead to Sunday's Supper, Meatless Mondays, Tasty Tuesday, What we're making Wednesday, and of course Thirsty Thursday. Without further adieu I give you my very 1st Foody Friday recipe:
Rhubarb Dream Bars
1 cup flour
5Tbsp powdered sugar
1/2 cup oleo
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp salt
2 cups rhubarb, cut small
Blend flour, powdered sugar, and oleo. Press into ungreased 9 x 13 inch pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Don't let cool.
Beat eggs, sugar and flour and salt. Stir in rhubarb. Spoon over crust. Bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
This recipe is taken from the "Favorite Recipes of Immanuel Luthern Church, 1988" book. The recipe was submitted by Marlene Ehle. I have no clue who she is or was but thank her from the bottom of my heart/belly.
We had ours while it was still hot over Homemade Vanilla Custard that my dear hubby made. Hence it's messiness & lack of looking anything like a bar. This was delicious!! Thank goodness I had enough smarts to harvest our rhubarb and put some in the freezer. I'm interested as to what you've all got cooking in your homes. Whether it be snacks, breakfast, lunch or dinner. We all need to eat so we might as well share some recipes & make some foody friends along the way.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Yahoo...I love to read new recipes...well, make them too, LOL!! Looking forward to more of your yummy posts!

Jewel said...

What a great idea!