About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Blueberry Cream Pie


So, it's been like a year since I made one of these scrumdiddleeeumptious pies. I figured tonight was the perfect day to bring it back!! I give you....Blueberry Cream Pie!!!!! If you make this pie I bet you will not be able to eat just one piece!! It's fantastic warm or cold. So gather your ingredients and march to your kitchen!!! Your loved ones will thank ya =) P.s. I've also made this with peaches...which =DELISH!!!!
It's taken from the Taste Of Home's Contest Winning Annual Recipe book from 2007.
Blueberries 'n' Cream Pie
1/2 cup plus 1tbsp fat free milk, divided
3tbsb butter, melted
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 package (.8ozs) sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
1tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
1 package (8ozs) reduced-fat cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
TOPPING:
2tsps sugar
1/8 tsp ground cinnamin
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat 1/2 cup milk, butter & egg. Combine the fluor, pudding mix, baking powder and salt: stir into egg mixtue just until moistened. Pour into a 9 inch pie plate coated with non sitick cooking spray. Arrange blueberries over batter to within 1/2 inch of edge of plate
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and remaining milk until smooth. Spread over blueberries to within 1 inch of berry edge. For topping, combine sugar & cinnamin: sprinkle over the cream cheese mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until set. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers (if you have any LOL) Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional facts: 1 piece equals 249 calories, 12 grams fat (7g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 6g protein.Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit

3 comments:

Tami said...

Looks and sounds so yummy...will need to put blueberries on my gorcery list!!

A Joyful Chaos said...

Sounds absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing.

Enjoyed your previous post. Would you mind if I copied the questions and do my own version of it?

Kathy said...

Thanks so much. Absolutely, copy the questions. I look forward to your answers. =)