About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Chicken Puffs

This recipe is taken from the Winnebago County Cooks for the United Way cookbook we got for Christmas from my lil bro & his fiance.
2c cooked chicken, cubed
1/4c butter, melted
1-4oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 small onion, chopped
Salt and Pepper
1 tube crescent roll dough


Mix cooked chicken, butter, cream cheese, onion and salt & pepper in bowl.
Flatten crescent rolls to form 4 rectangles and pinch seams. Place 1/4 of the chicken mixture in the middle of each rectangle and fold edges around and pinch to seal.


Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 1/2 hour

Some of my notes: (because it's pretty impossible for me to follow a recipe to a T)


1. I used 2 chicken breasts which cam out to about 2.5 cups of meat

2. I sprinkled garlic powder in mixture...can't have a meal without garlic in this house!!

3. Thinking of frying the onions beforehand. But the raw onions were super delish as well.

4. I seasoned the chicken with S&P while cooking and I also used a full block of cream cheese instead of the 4oz


5. My puffs were cooked in 15 minutes...wonder if my oven is off or the recipe is??? So keep your eyes peeled is what I'd suggest.

This meal kicked all sorts of fancy butt. Definitely going to do this again!! I imagine this would be super delish with chopped turkey as well. Or maybe even add a lil cut up broccoli to the mixture...


The possibilities are endless!!

No comments: