About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I'll never go back

Oh, about a year ago I found myself wanting to do my part and "go green" as much as possible. It also had to do with longing to have a simpler way of life and being frugal. Plus, I get my kicks on those little house on the prairie, do what our forefathers did type things. But, whatever I tried had to work and do it's job, or surpass the commercial products job. Well by golly I found one such homemade product that I swear...I'll never go back to buying the name brand crappolla filled with nasty chemicals and formaldehyde!! Yup, formaldehyde!! Instead I make this:



with this:

2 cups Borax
2 cups washing soda
2 cups baking soda
1 bar napatha bar soap grated

Use 2 TBSP per load...and you'll have some fresh, clean laundry in no time at all


All of this costs about $8.00...Each batch lasts me about a month & I get about 4 batches with the 3 boxes of powder. All I have to do is purchase the Napatha bar soap, grate it up & whalaaa I've got another month's supply. Sooo, for 4 months worth of fabulous, natural, fresh smelling, CLEAN, whites are white, colors are colored laundry all I have to spend is about $12!!! That's pretty darn tootan fantastical if you ask me!! Want to know sumthin else? Ken's allergies are sooo much better since I started using this and we are able to clean our eyeglasses on our tshirts without them getting all smudgy from that other crappolla =) There are several other earth friendly cleaners I use in our home. I will totally do a post all about that!!!

No comments: