About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

2009 in review

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? touched a dead person
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't make resolutions...I like to call them aspirations. I was able achieve some of them. I like to have many aspirations
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? nobody really really really close
4. Did anyone close to you die? Ken's Nana passed away June 13th...I lost a part of myself when she passed away.
5. What places did you visit? various states in the semi and we took a lil vaca to Ontonogan, MI for my birthday to do some hiking in the Porcupine Mountains and camped.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? game nights with family and friends, dinner parties, debt free
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? June 14th...just walked in the door from our camping weekend at camp & we were told of Nana's passing.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? riding my bicycle 10-15 miles per day.
9. What was your biggest failure? staying on budget as I would have liked
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing out of the norm.
11. What was the best thing you bought? The new toilet. The old bugger wasted gajillions of gallons of water per flush!!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? anyone who stood up for what they believe in and worked to make our world a better place
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Not for me to judge
14. Where did most of your money go? diesel fuel for the semi!!!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Going camping, hiking and riding my bike. I seriously got psyched out for those 15 milke bike rides.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009? She's Country by Jason Aldean
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? Sadder...My friend Amy died less than a week ago and another friend Josh died today... b) thinner or fatter? thinner c) richer or poorer? about the same
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? entertaining, writing and reading
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? worrying
20. How did you spend Christmas in 2009? went to Ken's grandparents on Christmas Eve & my family shin dig on Christmas day
21. Did you fall in love in 2009? I fall in love everyday with my hubby
22. What was your favorite TV program? probably Survivor
23. What did you do for your birthday in 2009? We went camping and hiking in Ontonogan, MI area for a week. It was fantastic!!!
24. What was the best book you read? The Perks Of Being A Wallflower
25. What did you want and get? another year with my fab hubby
26. What did you want and not get? debt free
27. What was your favorite film of this year? Not sure that I had one
28. Did you make some new friends this year? yuppers
29.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? less debt
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? I wear what I am comfortable in
31. What kept you sane? a supportive and wonderful husband and my fab friends
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I honestly don't get into the whole celebrity thing
33. What political issue stirred you the most? Gay marriage, healthcare reform
34. Who did you miss? Nana...it was extremely hard losing her
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009. To Love me for who I am. I cannot change certain things about myself.

1 comment:

Vera said...

I love your number 35!"To Love me for who I am. I cannot change certain things about myself."
This is mine, also!