About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Foodie Friday: Homemade Veggie Soup Kathy style


Happy Friday folks!! So this is week two of Foodie Friday. I tried several recipes this week and most were sweets so I figured I better show you I DO actually eat healthy-ish meals. This soup really has no recipe but this is what works for us. We prefer a tomato type sauce rather than a brothy one. It made a honkan kettle full...so big that we still have some & even put some in the freezer for later meals. Perhaps I should call it never gonna get to the bottom soup!!
4 cans veggie broth (or make your own stock)
1 jar home canned stewed tomatoes (or you can use a store bought one if you wish)
1 jar homemade tomato sauce (or 2 small cans of the store bought stuff)
a bag of broccoli
half bag of cauliflower
bag of green beans from the garden (or store bought)
2 cups of corn (that you were smart enough to cut off and freeze that you bought at the Farmers Market this past summer
1 big honkan onion chopped
a good couple handfuls of carrots cut up
salt & pepper
garlic powder or if you're like me you'll mince some fresh stuff up. A dish without garlic is pretty much a sin in our house.
Put all of these ingredients & any other veggies you need to use up into your large sized crockpot. Let it cook on low for a handful of hours. Once the veggies are cooked add a couple cups of barley & let that cook until it's done. Serve with homemade dinner rolls & that my friends makes one delish meal!!
Until next week...Happy eating

2 comments:

Jewel said...

Oh wow, that sounds yummy! Can you mail me some? :)

It's me ...Mavis said...

Hey there... free grand slam breakfast at Denny's next Tuesday (Feb 9th) from 6am-2pm...I'm so stinkin excited about that I just had to tell you about it :)