About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Busted...at the seams...literally

Imagine this: You hop in your pickup truck to take it to the car wash. You hop out of the truck, put your coins in the tower, select what wash you'd like, go to hop in your truck, your foot slips a little, you don't fall, but....you split the crotch out of your most favorite pair of capri's. Ever. Yes, my friends, this happened to me this afternoon. Luckily I was wearing Ken's John Deere tshirt which is extra big on me and was able to pull it down to hide the huge gash in my trousers. I hope nobody saw. We really need to get some sort of running board or nerf bar type thing installed on the pickup so my very un-tall self can prevent another blow-out.

After the blow-out I went home, changed, and made my way to Goodwill. I am dead serious about losing 50lbs and I absolutely positively refuse to spend big bucks on jeans in my current size. Plus, Goodwill has some pretty neat stuff now and then. I tried on a good 20 pairs of jeans. Some went up to the bottom of my bust, some barely covered my heine, some were just....unsensational to put it nicely. I ended up with one pair of jeans that I liked and they fit well in the heine and tummy. My tummy is so tender from my surgeries so jean buying is quite an ordeal. The drawback of these jeans was that they were too short for even my short stature. Oh well, they will become my NEW most favorite pair of capris. I also found a really pretty blue dress and a couple skirts. I do enjoy wearing skirts on a summer day. These two are just so stinkan cute and there is no worries of them showing off things that should be covered and they are long enough that I don't have to be paranoid if I am sitting absolutely positively proper. I made my way through the store and looked in all the nooks and crannies. I found an amazing frying pan. You know, the deep ones, with the wooden handle. The kind you can put in the oven...for $1 and some odd cents. I also spotted an enamel frying pan. That will be out of this galaxy awesome to put in the camper for when we cook over the campfire. Hold on, I'm not done. Folks, I found an old hardcover copy of Henry David Thoreau's "Walden" Yup, you read that right!! I took all my treasures to the checkout, trying not to make it completely obvious I was about to jump up and down, do a happy dance, holler "woot woot"with excitement over all my "finds"

What was your excitement of the day?

5 comments:

It's me ...Mavis said...

5 bottles of FREE salad dressing!

Jewel said...

Having somewhere to go w/Braylon...even tho it was for a church meeting...but it was @ a friend's house & Braylon had a play date.

Going on a family walk while Braylon biked before supper. Love this weather!

Going out tonight to play Bunco w/11 other ladies!

Braylon SOOOO excited to see me when I came home! :)

That's it! :)

Kathy said...

Holy skittles!!! 5 bottles of free salad dressing!! That, my friend, rocks!!

You were super busy with oodles of fun things Jewel. I'd love to learn to play Bunco. How bout when & if we ever get your way, you teach me? =)

Melanie said...

I saw "Thoreau" and just glazed over a bit. Sigh.

Ok, you're awesome to go straight to good will (I wish we had one here). Good for you!

I gave up wearing jeans for exactly that reason! I was jumping up and down in a dressing room one afternoon, and had an epiphany:"Why do I even bother with this?" Why, indeed! So, I stopped buying and wearing jeans altogether. Weird, I know. But dang, I have so many lovely dresses now and I am blissfully happy about it!

Kathy said...

We sure share a lot of likes Mealanie. =)

I know I will never be able to totally put the jeans aside. But gosh darn, they outta make jeans that fit real people. I have oodles of patterns for skirts and sundresses and am eager to put Ken's Nana's old Singer to work.