About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Food Inc.

Ken & I watched Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution on ABC tonight & holy WHA!!! The crap our school systems are being fed is absurd. I will never eat another chicken nugget. Ever.

After watching that, upon recommendation of my friend, we rented Food Inc. on Demand....Holy flippan skittles!! I suggest you rent it. Today. It's a real eye opener.

I would consider myself somewhat aware and a conscientious food shopper. Of course I make some less that swell choices, but I am learning as I go. This movie opened my eyes even more so. I am thankful that our butcher provides us with free range Amish chicken. I have a veggie garden and am hoping to secure a plot at our community garden as I mentioned before. Our town has a great Farmer's Market in the Summer and Fall that I frequent once or twice a week. We've come to know several of the vendors. There is one family there, we call them the hillbillies...coolest family. Ever. They have a huge honkan garden and live off of what they grow. Maybe this summer I'll take a picture of them (with their permission of course.)

Anytootles, check out the movie. Believe that you can make a difference. Eat healthy, cook at home, feel good.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Rock on Jamie Oliver! Always loved his spunk.

I make my kids lunches for school. No one can understand this! It's not just about the money, it's about what my kids eat. They love to have a hot thermos of bean soup when every one else if having dried out nuggets! I also pack water instead of other drinks, even milk. Oh, I think I feel a blog post coming on!

Kathy said...

I eagerly await your post Melanie =)

Jewel said...

I've seen his new show advertised but haven't seen it yet. It looks intriguing & definitely eye-opening!