About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Crocheting while watching a movie

It was a busy Sunday. We sanded, swept, vacuumed & sanded some more. I went on a solo excursion to Menards to get the ceiling texture stuff, came back, cooked dinner, Ken applied the texture stuff, did dishes, laundry, swept. swept again, showered. Once all that was done it was time for Ken to hit the road and for myself to whip up a pear smoothie and watch "Amish Grace" on LMN. http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/amish-grace What a great movie! No, not only because I like to learn about the Amish, but because it really made me think.

It's based on a true story. In 2007 a gunman went into a one room Amish school and opened fire, killing and wounding children. The gunman was upset/angry with God because his baby daughter died. The Amish forgive, no matter what needs forgiveness. The story and movie followed one woman's journey into forgiving the gunman.

If someone murdered your child, would you be able to forgive? Now, I don't have kids but, I love my pets as if they were. I also have nieces and nephews and the thought of anything happening to them sickens me. I would be mortified, and downright angry. I'm going to definitely watch it again and really think about it.

I crocheted this baby sundress, headband and dress shoes while I watched the movie.


3 comments:

Jewel said...

Kath---I've read this book. My cousin's husband is one of the author's. It's a great book. I saw it was on TV but I don't have the station so I was disappointed that I couldn't watch it. I bet it was an amazing movie! Very powerful! Yeah, I don't think I could forgive if someone killed Braylon...that is just too hard to fanthom!

Sandy said...

I would be devastated if someone were to cause harm or murder my children, including my furry kids...forgiveness would not be acceptable to me. I bet your fingers were flying crocheting that cute outfit...holy moly, I bet smoke was flying in Esky....lol.

A Joyful Chaos said...

The dress is beyond cute! You are very talented!