About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

By candlelight


We spent our Earth Hour last night making our way through the house lit only by candles.


We played three games of Yahtzee at the dining room table. Ken was fortunate enough to get a Yahtzee.

And by golly, so was I!! Which, really, is a miracle.



We did this all in our jammies, messy hair, no makeup, only lit by candles, in our "under construction" dining room.




Ken took a video of the candle lighting. I made a make shift lantern with a canning jar, water, oil and cotton yarn. It worked and provided us much more light than the candles did.





I think we need to practice Earth Hour more often than once a year. How about turning out your lights, your television, computers, phones, etc at least once a week? I know I'm game. This was fun.