About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

This happened in Escanaba

Last Friday, which was March 19th Ken & I ventured into our local Walmart to pick up pet food & other necessities. When we came across this:

They were all set up for the release of New Moon. They even played up the whole, who's team are you on? Team Edward or Team Cullen. I have never laughed so hard. There were actually a handful of teeny bopplet girls camped out, sitting on the floor, holding Twilight memorabilia...at 4pm!!! Ken made the comment that he'd like to tell those girls that the store had a list you had to sign if you wanted a copy & that the list was full!! He obviously was joking bus seriously...can you imagine if he'd said that to them? LOL!!

We enjoyed the movie & knew it was one that we were going to add to our library of movies we own. I refused to stand in line for such nonsense though. Just the thought of cooing girls getting all emo over fictional characters makes my skin crawl. Before you think I am a prude, keep in mind, the biggest thing for me was New Kids On The Block. I ONCE was one of those emo teeny bopper girls. Had NKOTB came to my area I would have spent DAYS waiting. But, this is Escanaba, MI. Most people don't know we exist. Anytootles, Ken & I jumped in the truck at 5 till midnight, made our way to Walmart and found this:

My cousin's wife was in line!! I caught her on camera while she talked on the phone.

Even this older woman, whom I do not know was standing in line...at midnight for her copy!! Someone should have given her a Kleenex...or at least told her there are video cameras and a goofy 30 something year old taking random pictures!! EWWWWW


We were at the very back of the line.





I can't believe I stood in a line...for a movie....at midnight. The line went fast and we got our copy, stopped off at McDonald's for a Shamrock Shake and went home. We got home at almost 1am & were too tired to watch the movie.
Who knew my lil hometown that not many know exist would have a turnout like this...for a movie!!


2 comments:

Tami said...

LOL!!

Melanie said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I can't comment, really I can't.