About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hooray for privacy!!


Just a little update on the remodel....We now have a bathroom door & no longer have a blanket stapled above the doorway for the only means of privacy while visiting the can!! Wanna know something else? This door cost us $1.00 at Menards in the damaged door secion. It's a wooden 6 pannel door and it had one dark smudge on it. That's it. Ken just had to trim it up a bit on the bottom to make it fit. Hooray for some privacy!!


Another update on the remodel: All of the drywall is hung and it has its first coat of mud. I'm looking forward to the day we paint, put up the trim and cover the crazy, unsensational, orange lineoleum with laminate. This is the color we are going with for the walls.




4 comments:

Tami said...

A dollar, what a wonderful buy!! Looking foward to seeing your finished room. ;o)

It's me ...Mavis said...

Yumm a licious color!

Jewel said...

Yippee for getting a remodeling project done! Those can take forever!!! Only $1??? I can see them making it really really cheap becuz of the flaws but...only a $1.00!!! WOWsers! That's a pretty blue!

Kathy said...

Yuppers, only ONE buckaroo!! Menards has a section in the back for damaged, old floor models, or miss ordered doors. This one had one black smudge on the top. The door was just in primer and woudl need to be painted so the smudge was not a problem at all. The hole for the handle was not drilled either so it was what they call a "blank" door. Which again, was no biggie as we have the tools to drill the hole & attach the handle we desire. =) we were shocked to see the pricetag of $1.00 These doors are regularly $100.00!!! That week they had been on sale for 60 some odd dollars. We were stoked when we took it to the checkout & it was indeed $1!!! It definately pays to look at the "junk stuff" There's treasures in there!! I forgot to mention, we also got a six paneled metal door for the basement two weeks prior (we only have access to our basement from the outside)