About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Foodie Friday: Pizza Crust

It seems we never get a picture of what we make anymore. The fact that it doesn't stay on our plate that long is a good thing. The recipe I'm going to share is for pizza crust. We like homemade pizza with a thin, crispy crust. Ken gets the credit for this recipe. He found it online and then made his own adjustments and additions which gave us the best crust. Ever. This is a no rise crust and if rolled thin enough, you will have two crusts. One for now, one to freeze for a later date...unless you're really hungry or have a big family.

.25oz packet active dry yeast
1/4tsp sugar
3/4 cup 110 degree water
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2tsp salt
Garlic powder
cornmeal

Dissolve yeast and sugar in water, allow to rest for 8 minutes

In a separate bowl : combine flour and salt

Pour yeast mixture over flour mixture and mix with a heavy spoon.

Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead for 2 minutes

If you want a very thin crust split the dough in two. If you prefer a more hand tossed crust use the whole thing. We like a thin crispy crust so we split the dough & freeze the other half for a later time.

working from the edges to the center, press dough into a 12 inch circle. We even use a floured rolling pin to get it thin and even

lightly grease the pizza pan, sprinkle lightly with cornmeal and place dough on top. Sprinkle lightly with garlic powder. (we believe everything tastes better with garlic)

Spread sauce over crust (we use our homemade, home canned stuff) and top with toppings

Bake at 500 degrees for 8-12 minutes, or until edges are golden.

ENJOY =)

No comments: