About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Monday, September 8, 2008

Blueberry Lattice Bars

Yesterday I made these yummy Blueberry lattice bars again. I finally got around to taking a photo...but not before I cut it into bars. Woopsie, my bad. Anyways, this recipe comes from Taste Of Home's book "Winning Annual Recipes 2007" This book is by far my most favoritist!!







1 cup butter, softened

1/2 cup sugar

1 egg

2 3/4 cups flour

1/2tsp vanilla extract

1/4 tsp salt

FILLING:

3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries

1 cup sugar

3 TBSP cornstarch

  1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the egg, flour, vanilla and salt; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours
  2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring the blueberries, sugar and cornstarch to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
  3. Roll two-third of the dough into a 14-in. X 10-in. rectangle. (I just press mine into the pan...I rather suck at the whole placing it into the pan part...) Place into a greased 13-in X 9-in. X 2-in. baking dish. Top with filling. Roll out remaining dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips; make a lattice crust over filling. (As you can see I am not too swell of a lattice layer either...)
  4. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until tip is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen (not that many if you are oinkers like ourselves)

2 comments:

Liz said...

Yum! can't wait to try it!

Jewel said...

These look yummy! Hey, how do you use flowers in place of your bullets?