About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Our Weekend

On Friday morning we left on our "romantical" weekend with the in-laws. After we set up camp, had some lunch we decided to take a ride to Paradise & show my in-laws the memorial we did for the babies. They took their truck & we took ours. We also took all 5 dogs on the hike this time too! I must say, it was a much better hike out there than the previous week. I must have been having a way "off" feeling day that day. The waves were nowhere near the size of last week. Actually the waters were pretty calm...well for Superior! The weather was amazing...up to 82!! Can't ask for a better day!







After our hike we took a ride that was about 35 miles up the road to visit Sceney Wildlife Refuge. Bill & Jeanne had never been there & Ken & I enjoy that type of thing. The sunset was out of this world amazing! I think we took like 20 pictures of the various stages of it's decent.


How stunning!!

See the white swans?

Obviously this photo was taken before the sun set. See the adorable turtle sunning itself on the log? I totally jumped out of the suburban mid roll to capture this lil guy, or gal!! For serious!!

How stinkan cute is that!!! Ahhh how I love turltes!!!
Yesterday was a gloomish type of day. Sporadic showers all day & windy. We still managed to take a walk around the lake & Ken took, or rather tried to take some family pics with us & the pups. It's pretty hard to get all 5 of them looking at the camera & have us both in the picture! LOL Pay no attention to the crazy hair atop my head! LOL



Here I am with my babies: left to right; Allison, McKenzie, Macey, Arizona & Brayden

I didn't know Ken even snapped this picture. Here was Allison chillin next to me & apparently I was talking to Brayden & he was listening. Haha I am a bit bias but my doggies are sooo superly cute!!

Almost got it....but Macey had to show her rump to the camera!

We finally gave up....



On our walk around the lake we almost walked right into this...Bear poop!!! Luckily the dogs didn't decide to forage on this berry pile! Sooo gross!! I had to take a picture though seeing I have never seen bear droppings. We went back to camp, dropped the dogs off at the camper & asked Bill & Jeanne if they wanted to go blueberry picking. It was Ken's idea. I however told Jeanne to take a bucket...and she did! Just down the shore we saw the footprints.


The views from across the lake were astounding! The Fall foliage is really coming to life here. On our drive home today we noticed even more color.



Can you see this lil guy in the weeds? Ken almost stepped on him.

Yesterday Ken & I decided to take a ride to gather some more firewood in the woods & check out the other campsites. We just wanted some time alone, time to just chill with one another. We were just chillin at one site looking at the colors, relaxing & then his parents had to come find us...so yeah...there was an issue of privacy.

I would be lying if I said I am still not hurt about what happened. I would be also lying if I said I didn't have any fun. Because I did. It was an ummmm interesting weekend. Now, next weekend should be ultra fun!!! We know we will have the weekend to ourselves. They have my nieces recital in Wisconsin. We originally planned to go to Fayette for the fall festivities next Saturday. But now are planning on going up to Houghton, MI on a camping trip & do a Fall color tour... With a possible stop in Ironwood to say howdy to my brother. Just Ken & myself & our fab 5. =)



1 comment:

Jewel said...

Sounds like you had fun!