About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Friday, September 5, 2008

Thankful Thursday Week 3

Ok, so technically it's Friday by 8 minutes....shucky darn! I missed my deadline! I've been so very busy today canning. Along with the peaches I did whole kernel corn & am in the process of making sauce. Which meant...I got to use Mom's applesauce gadget again today!! wooot woot!!!










This week I had so many things to be thankful for as always. But this really sticks out in my mind right now. The other day I checked the mail & there was a little package in my mailbox. It was addressed to me from Logan. Now, Logan is my bestest friend Shasher's 2 month old son. He's super cute too! Anyways, this was form him...what could it be I wondered. So into the house I went & opened it up. Once I got it out of the tissue wrap I saw a beautiful necklace before me. I wore it today while canning. Anyways, it's absolutely adorable & it just rocks!!!






















I had already received a birthday card from Shash so this this was so out of the blue & such a surprise. I then plopped down at the computer & began writing an email to little Logan....this is what I said...












Hey there lil Logan & Logan's Mommy =)

I wanted to thank you oodles & oodles for the amazing, gorgeous necklace!! I LOVE IT!!!! It fits perfectly!!! You sure do have good taste in jewelry & one day you shall make one gal very lucky!! Thank you sooo very much!!! Big hugs from your Mommy's Michigander friend!! Hopefully one day real soon we can meet your cutie pie-ness. Your Mommy keeps us updated on how you are doing & sends us the cutest pictures. Now, be sure to let your Mommy know I say thank you to her too =)

XXXXXX
Kat




























So, after I hit the send key I though...oh boy, she's for sure gonna think I'm a wackadoodle for sending a 2 month old an email. Oh well, it was gone into cyberspace & my afterthoughts of it all weren't going to change anything.





















Later that day I received an email & this is what it said....
HI YA!! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO GLAD YOU LIKE THE NECKLACE! I THOUGHT IT WAS SO PRETTY, I HAD TO GET IT FOR YOU!! MOMMY SAID IT WOULD BE GORGEOUS ON YOU AND I AGREED =o) !!!























Now how stinkan cute is that! Not only did she not think I was off my rocker but she sent one back in Logan language!!! I am sooo immensely thankful for her friendship. I dream of the day we get to meet. Like I said in previous posts, I met her in a Meniere's group on Myspace a couple years ago. It started out talking about MM crap & quickly changed to crocheting, beading & all sorts of othercrafty things. We not only share the unfortunate MM crappolla but oodles of other fabulous interests. I have only heard her voice like 3 times. Two times on the phone & last Christmas her husband & her left a mssg on Ken's XBOX. I wish we could just pick up the phone & talk like girlfriends do but she can't hear well enough & I actually am not too fond of the phone myself. There are so many times I almost pick up the phone to call or think, hey, Shash would get a kick out of that. I wish NY & MI were closer. She has been my rock & such an inspiration. Without her I know for certain I would have many more frumpy froggish days. I treasure her friendship, guidance, encouragement & strength, wittyness, & her ability to be downright silly more than the moon and stars! Yup, I'm superly duperly thankful for miss Shashica!!!

No comments: