About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Little toes in my home



Today was a fantabulastic day! It just so happens today is also Thankful Thursday & I have sooo much to be thankful for!!


I spent the day with a very special kiddo. I am not at liberty to say her real name. But she's a family member's foster kiddo. Having her is such a joy! In fact we had been tryingto adopt her for some time. But as our luck always goes...it's a no -go for a number of reasons I care not to discuss right now.


So back to today. She arrived here around 3:30 this afternoon. We took a walk to the park, then around the block, she played with the dogs & cats & was so excited watching the fish swim in our tank. Then I had her help me make frozen pizza. It was a plain ole cheese one so we added some pepperoni. Then she helped make juice. Much of the water ended up on the counter. She began splashing her lil fingers in it. Oh what fun!! We painted her toe nails, went outside with the sidewalk chalk & drew, read a few books & colored. Then she goes "Kashy lets for a walk in the stwower. Translation Kathy let's go for a walk in the stroller. How stinkan cute is that!!! So we did that. Shortly after we got home I got the call she was goign to be picked up soon. So you know what we did? We bounced on the couch! Well not me, but her. Total fun-ness!!!


Even though things did not work out as we hoped with the adoption stuff I am so thankful this lil peanut is in our lives! She totally rocks my socks!!

1 comment:

Julie Welch said...

Hi Kathy--I love the way your blog looks! Very pretty. Looks like you are doing well. I am doing great(knock on wood). Check out my youtube page!