About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Visiting the Memorial

I'm still here...just taking a break I guess. So many things have been going on. Usually when I don't have much good to say I get pretty quiet. But after thinking about it a bit I realized I should allow myself to vent a bit. I feel like I haven't been "me" in some of my posts. Well I've been in a "funk" these past few days. I guess we all have those not so swell moments. Right??
















On this past Saturday Ken & I took a ride up to Munising to visit the memorial we carved in honor of our babies Angel & Alex & do a little hiking. The fall colors were astounding!! Now some people will say our babies don't exist. But to us they did. Anyways, this place where the memorial is located is in one of the prettiest areas in the whole Upper Peninsula. It's quite a hike into the woods to get to the actual carving. It's one that's even harder when I am a dizzy mess. Well Saturday was one of those "off" days. Usually we are off exploring this that & the next thing. In a couple areas we have to hold onto a tree & balance on a ledge to get to the other side. Well that was not an option for me that day. Ken would become frustrated at my inability. Plus we had Arizona Clarie with us. That's our youngest doggy.

The waves were astounding! It wasn't even all too windy. But if anyone knows Lake Superior, it doesn't take much. What a gorgeous lake full of rigor. When we got to the memorial I was in need of a rest & sat down. Just needed some quiet time, ya know. Time to reflect & honor the memory of our babies. It's a very special place. Most people have grave sites to go to...we have this rock in the middle of nowhere. Anyways, Ken was more into exploring the area, taking pics & videos. I just needed him to be with me.



I think I had such a hard time this time going there because the walk in was more challenging than the last time. I know one day we will not be able to make it in there. Or at least I won't be. Not when I'm a dizzy bird all the darn tootan time. I have come to an acceptance of this whole MM crap but every now & then it really gets to me. This was one of those days.
I am thinking we need to make a different memorial, something we will both be able to access...even when we're old geezers.



Below are some pics we took on the hike. I will include a picture of me in the cave...you will see just how high the water was. There was NO cave exploring this time needless to say.



















On our way to Munising


Actually this beautiful tree was on our drive home =)



Below is what the caves looked like last weekend. Usually we can walk inside these caves & walk in the water on the outer edge of the caves no problem. The water level along the edge on Saturday was well above our heads!








Here's a pic of me video recording inside those very caves last summer! CRAZY how water can have a mind of it's own eh?



Another look into the cave this past weekend...not heading in there!!


No comments: