About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Monday, September 1, 2008

Gas & Steam Engine Show fun

Ken arrived home late Friday night. But not late enough to put a damper in our plans of having a bon fire. While Ken ate I built a fire outside & set up our chairs just in time for ken to come back outside. Well, sitting on the chairs was uncomfortable & I was getting dizzy. See, we like to stare into the night sky & gaze at the stars. The end of summer always provides many shooting stars. It's one such thing Ken & I sooo enjoy. I went in the house, grabbed 2 quilts & two pillows. When I came back outside to Ken sitting on the chair, neck turned upward he asked what in the tarnation I was up to. I didn't answer him right away. I laid the big quilt on the ground, placed the two pillows at the top & before long Ken joined me on the blanket as we covered up with the other one while gazing at the stars. What a perfect night with the most perfect man!



*******






















Saturday we slept in and went to the Gas & Steam Engine Show at the Fairgrounds. I look forward to attending this event every year. I am kicking myself in the heine now for not taking our camera with. As soon as we got there we began visiting the antique booths & about the 3rd one in we found a milk jar. The curves of these metal milk holders enthuse me for some reason. It still shows the Farm number on the top. Old things just rock my socks!! As we traveled to the numerous booths we were able to relive our youth. It's pretty scary when toys we had as kids show up at antique shows!! YIKES!!! I had all I could controlling myself into NOT purchasing the Smurf water glasses that reminded me of growing up. Oh how I adore those blue critters! LOL











******























As we made our way to the old time village we stopped at the granary & purchased 2 pounds of freshly ground cornmeal. We made our way to one building where a lady in period clothing was making rag rugs on a loom. She asked me if I'd like to try the loom. To which I replied, YES!! Actually I was thinking HECK YES!!!! Then was Ken's turn. It took some coaxing. Others were watching & I do believe ken was worried about his "manhood" for a short period of time. Oh how I wish we'd had the camera!! I stopped at the place where they make hand spun yarn & bought myself a beautiful skein of variegated sock yarn. Totally can't wait to make something yummy out of it!! By the sawmill there were two elderly gentlemen wearing overall bibs. One of the men approached me as we were walking by & asked if we'd like to try our hand at the 2 person saw. I was a bit apprehensive about doing that. I thought he meant Ken doing it with him. But he meant Ken & myself. Holy funness!! We sawed a chunk off the end of the log. Sigh, how I wish we'd had the camera with!! We made our way through several other booths, bought some fresh peaches & blueberries, and I found a gorgeous basket & a little plant stand at one booth. It's so amazing to me to see these old items & imagine how "simple" life was back then. What a perfect day with my wonderful hubby!!!

No comments: