About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

How'd That Happen?

Isn't it funny, or shall I say sad how old friends become acquaintances? You can share a young lifetime together. Then in a blink of an eye, all those memories, all the experiences & adventures shared mean nothing at all & one is so willing to throw it all away? Looking back one has to wonder...How'd that happen?
Last night we went to our friend Scott & Julie's wedding reception. Scott & Ken grew up together & were best buds for awhile. Actually it was Scott who introduced Ken & I & he was also our Best Man for our wedding.
Anyways, Ken was not too snitz on attending this event at all. See, it really hurt Ken ya know...not even being invited to the bachelor party. Heck, I was invited to the brides parties & I barely know her. But to exclude Ken...breaks my heart. They shared a young lifetime together, were pretty much like brothers.
Anyways, we get to the reception, scope out the scene, find Scott & Julie, congratulate them. Scott practically squeezes my head from my shoulders in a typical Scooter hug. He shook Ken's hand, thanked him for coming, said ""wow, you're actually home....when in fact, Ken would not miss Scott's wedding for the world. He still thinks of them as buds. The conversation was short lived...Scott had no clue what to say & walked away. We found our seats & then came the best man's speech. I'd be lying if I said it didn't hurt...not seeing Ken up there amongst these other friends. Pretty much Ken was excluded...it really affected Ken. He ended up walking out to take a breather.
It kept getting more & more awkward. Here are all the guys, all Ken's friends too...standing up for his best friend's wedding...Ken not even being invited to the bachelor party...yeah...the night pretty much sucked. We came home & watched a movie & snuggled...so that was nice. I had hoped for a better outcome. You could see it in both of them...the memories came flooding in & for an instant, a mere moment in time they were buds...even if it was only through the memories. It's so sad how friendships can mean nothing to some & makes one wonder....How'd that happen?

No comments: