About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Farmer's Market is Booming

Today was the Farmer's Market. I had been busy most of the day making applesauce and preparing & freezing green beans so I wasn't sure if I'd have time to make it to my most favoritist Wednesday event. Well, I finished just in time & made it there in time!!! YAHOOOO!!!





Our Farmer's Market is BOOMING with bountiful crops. I bought a bushel of peaches. Part will be canned & I will make 1 batch of spiced peach jam for the hubby. I have never canned peaches before but I've had home canned peaches & actually luv em. Those canned peaches from the store make me feel like I'm chewing on a booger...not that I have ever done that. But still. It's gross. So this year I'll whip up some canned peaches & see how we like them. If they turn out well I am certain I will be purchasing more next week. I also got 2 large zucchini's for $.50!! What a bargain! A bunch of carrots, a handful of red potatoes, a bouquet of Gladiolas, & a whole bag of canning tomatoes for $2 & one of those yellow watermelons.




Now if that doesn't rock one's socks I don't know what will!!!






No comments: