About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 17


This is a picture of the officers of the EDC (Escanaba Deaf Club) and it is what has made a huge difference in my life.
I never realized how many unresolved emotions I had about my hearing loss crappolla until I joined this group. No, they did not tap into my emotions or counsel me or anything like that.
What happened when we began going to the meetings and then joining the club opened my eyes and reminded me I will be just fine if/when mm takes my hearing. They accepted me for me. I didn't feel like I had to hide my problem or explain anything because they understand. They have also unknowingly helped Ken. How's that? Ever since we joined Ken has more patience with me when talking to me. He makes a conscious effort now to better communicate with me and he has even learned some new signs. Plus, these folks are ooberously cool and fun to be around. They have truly changed both mine and Ken's life for the better.

1 comment:

Jewel said...

Amen to this post!