About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

It's Valentine's Day today. (Well when I wrote this and thought I posted it, it was) You know, the day where people spend oodles of dollars on candy, flowers and stuffed animals? Oh, and cards. I have nothing against the thought of the day but shouldn't V-Day be something we celebrate 365 days a year? Just sayin.
I made strawberry cupcakes with a semi homemade butter cream frosting, homemade caramels, homemade shortbread cookies, and white chocolate hot chocolate for our Valentine themed sleigh ride we did on the 12th with the fam and some friends. Pictures and recipes coming soon!!

I did pick up two things for Ken...a movie he really wanted and a spoon. Yup, a spoon. He's had a thing for this spoon for some time. I refused to purchase it for $6. I mean, why buy ONE spoon for $6 when I can get a whole bag for $3? Oh, did I mention we have Arizona Claire our Alaskan Husky that thinks "if it's wooden it belongs in her mouth?" Another reason not to buy the spoon. But by golly! It's a great spoon, and it made Ken happy.
***Update:*** after ONE use the spoon got a crack. :/


I think Ken felt guilty for telling me I had to stay home while he went on the road...why you ask? Because he took the time to make me heart shaped pannycakes for breakfast before he left. Ken got home late Vday night/the wee hours of the morning of the 15th. I was already in bed. He handed me a card and two bags. He bought me Eric Church's new cd, a wallhanging I have wanted for eons and gave me the sweetest card. =)

No comments: