About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 18

A picture of your biggest insecurity...I'd be lying to say I am 100% secure with everything about myself. I'd say I'm about 99.999% with who and what I am. But that small 1% is two big things for me. So big, I almost opted to skip day 18 all together. But what kind of person would I be if I only showed the happy go lucky, goofy, sappy side of myself that is secure in life?

So, here ya have it, my two biggest insecurities about myself and my chin, or lack there of and I have a huge issue with wearing my hair up when I am wearing my hearing aides, unless I am with Ken. Then I could care less. It was such a big insecurity for me that we kept it a secret from most family and friends for four years before anything was said. I got sick of hiding it.

I can be very anal about picture angles and hate pictures being taken of myself, especially from the side. I feel like I have 5 chins that all blend into one another and into my neck and that my face is super flat.

Then a couple weeks ago Ken and I were all set to go to the movie theater to see Sanctum and I forgot I had my hair up. I insisted I had to redo my hair before we left. Ken, bless his heart said "Kat, your hair is great up, you're not the only one to have hearing problems ya know, wear em loud and proud" That loud and proud part was his way of making me laugh. I will tell you this, I had my hair partially up and the rest down. So I guess if people really looked into my head they would have noticed. But guess what? If they did, nobody said anything and we had a great time. =)

1 comment:

Jewel said...

You are sooo beautiful! I never notice your "non-chin!" And I am totally serious here! I'm sorry about your insecurities but we all have them. I'm very insecure of my size, how short & small I am. I hate it!