About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Dad's Birthday


Tonight's news from JJ put me in much better spirits. For some reason my subconscious or something decides that on my parents birthdays to have frumpy froggish, irritated type days. I don't even have an explanation for it. Well being in a better frame of mind & attitude I decided I would get the pictures saved on the other computer & zap em onto my laptop & begin working on my birthday post for Dad. Well wouldn't ya know it...for some unknown reason the computer is being a wanker & I am unable to use the photos in this here blog...that makes me sad. I promise once I get it fixed I will be posting pics of my Dad. The above photo is the only one on this computer & the discs are in the semi...with Ken!!!


But today is his birthday!!!! =) Happy birthday Dad!!!


Now let me tell you a few things about Dad.


Dad was a stubborn man, strong willed, loving & kind and one heck of a hard worker!


He loved his Sanford & Son & Jefferson's. In fact he loved it so much he'd fall asleep on the couch while watching it! When we'd go to tin the channel miraculously Dad would wake up & groan"I'm watching that!" Talk about scare the daylights out of ya!!


He stared in the sky or the ceiling or whatever was "up" while singing "Please Release Me"


He loved to play cribbage with his boys & smoke Pall Malls while having a beer.


Hunting was a big thing for dad & a few of my brothers joined him with enthusiasm. Later down the road Dave & Jay & Jon (my nephews) joined the Pepin way of hunting. I know that would just tickle my Dad. And now tonight, on Dad's birthday my lil brother shoots a buck...with my Dad's gun. I can only imagine the amount of proudness my Dad must have.


In our bus that dad converted into a motorhome he had a quirky horn. Man that thing made him smile!! Makes me smile just thinking about it!!! LOL


I never saw my Dad play his accordion but I've seen it. I have on the other hand witness dad's mad skills on the comb!!! A comb with wax paper over it makes some jazzy music folks!!!


Those are just a few of the fantastic things about my Dad & today's his birthday !!! =)


2 comments:

Tami said...

What great memories!

Anonymous said...

Boy, you sure loved your Dad!! I can't wait to see more pictures of your Dad! He sounds like a nice man.