About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Whew, it's been a long day!

I set numerous goals today & accomplished a great many of them. I have never made pumpkin puree & my to do list did not allot ample time to do this AND the other tasks. I am happy to report that 4 of the 6 pumpkins have become puree though =) The other two were so hard to cut & my hands had had enough. So those two will go for the deer.



I chopped off the top, cleaned out the pumpkin brains, sliced them up & placed onto an ungreased cookie sheet & baked at 350 for 45 minutes. See, they have a hint of brown? Oh, added bonus is that the baking made the house smell delicious!!!
After they were done baking & let sit to cool a bit I began peeling the outer skin & chopping the pumpkin up & placing it in a bowl.


Loaded up the blender & pureed the bazoinkels outta the chunks


And whaaalaaa! We have a total of 16 cups of fresh pumpkin puree for breads, pies, cookies & who knows what else I'll make. I suggest setting aside a couple hours for this. I had figured it would take a half an hour tops to clean them & get them ready to bake...WRONG!!! It took 3!!!



After that task was finished I cleaned up the kitchen, emptied & ran the dishwasher, swept, scrubbed the floor, etc. I now have a clean kitchen =) Well for the time being...
I tidied up the house a bit, did a batch of laundry. My neck is still sore since Saturday morning. I either slept wrong or dancin to "Black Betty" Friday night did me in. So I figured I'd work on my sit still type tasks.




Logan's afghan is finished...




Also made some mittens & a scarf for special lil ladies in my life while I watched a movie "Christmas in the Clouds".
Tomorrow will be a much more productive day! I plan on going to bed at a decent hour. Which means, before 5am!! Ken's on the road so that means I rarely sleep. Tomorrow I will tackle the den and take the Christmas decorations upstairs after I put the Christmas Village we painted out on display. Tonight when I go to bed my jewelry making supplies will be taken to my craft room.

Hopefully I will have some time tomorrow to work on the memory quilt. The pieces are cut & the rows have been laid out & put back in order. Now I just need to park my fannie in front of the machine.


2 comments:

lapepin said...

Boy you like to keep busy. I wish I had your talent to be so creative. with all your knitting and crocheting you should be in one of them crafts sales.

Tami said...

Now that was one busy day! My day consisted of shopping, a couple loads of laundry, re-heat leftovers, and a few gift tags. Hubby was off for Veterans Day, I really do not get much done while he is home. ;o)

Have a great day!