About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Mission Declutterization & Organization

In my previous post I mentioed how my home is a disaster. Well, Ken doesn't think so...but I sure do!! Being thet I'm a total list maker & goal setter I am going to devote a week to mission organization, declutterization!!! I will post before & after pics.

I feel as though it's important to have a clutter free home. Clutter spazes me out in a way. I may just be feeling overwhelmed by the 20 something storage bins of Christmas holly jolly decorations strewn about my home...I dunno. But each evening I plan on setting forth a list of goals I woudl like to achieve for the following day. I feel like I need this list as I reminder to keep on task and to also remind myself that I did achive a great many tasks during the day. I dunno bout you but for me the days just whoosh by! It seems I am always doing something & not taking time for myself.

Here's what's in store for the rest of the day:

  1. process 6 pie pumpkins into puree & freeze
  2. empty dishwasher & put dirty dishes in there
  3. clean off all countertops, sweep & scrub kitchen floor
  4. Laundry (if I do the two loads today I will have the washer & dryer for bedding tomorrow)
  5. finish Logan's afghan
  6. bring the rest of my beading & jewelry making supplies up to the craft room (that means organizing the area I plan to store the supplies)
  7. work on Ken's memory quilt
  8. organize desktop computer area (this needs to be done anyways) so I can finish decorating den area for Christmas
  9. Organize sewing cart
  10. bring all Christmas odds & ends that are not being used upstairs (Tomorrow I will work on decorating the upstairs & using the decorations)

There you have it....I've got oodles upon oodles to do. The checks are already written out, bills are paid online, and the next three weeks of bill paying is prepped & ready to go when the $ is direct deposited. (I do keep a notebook with our budget written out to a science for each weeks bill paying) Have you decluttered & organized lately? Stay tuned for updates & photos =)

2 comments:

Tami said...

Now that is one full day! Looking forward to see pictures. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

lapepin said...

Don't you know that when you make a list of things to do. It never happens. Just go with the flow. Do what you can one day then do the rest the other days.