About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Monday, November 3, 2008

I Got Lucky!!

Before you think I'm going to post an entry about bedroom behaviors I'll stop you right there. I got lucky by meeting this hunk of a guy!! My hubbykins Ken!!! =)

Now let me tell you about this man. I know I talk about him oodles. Well, he's not really the romantical type at all, he thinks I'm borderline insane with my Christmas decorating, and well, he's a dude & pretends to be a toughie. If he knew I was writing this he'd blush & call me a dork & I'd say thank you =)

Now let me tell you about the real Ken....This weekend I fell in love with him all over again. It was as if he were 16 & I was 18 again, when we 1st fell in love. Ahhh how 15yrs passes!! LOL

So, this weekend he actually got into the Halloweenie spirit, even bought a costume...a super funny one I might add! Now to most people he's rather blah, on the shy side. Well in the house his wackiness gives me a run for the $!!!

He tells me numerous times that I am gorgeous...even when I KNOW I look my worst!!

The man is a supreme chef in the kitchen & guess what he did? All of the cooking this weekend. We both woke up Saturday feeling like padooples. His flu bug cleared up right away & mine is finally getting better today. I had no problem cooking but he did it all...even ran the dishwasher & cleaned up after himself!!! Usually if he cooks I have a gynormous mess to clean up.

Oh, and Friday night he even made home made frozen custard. I was already in bed but it was made & super yummalish when I had some. He also sat outside with me while passing out Halloweenie candy to the trick or treaters!!

On Saturday he washed & vacuumed both of our vehicles while I slept on the couch. He came in & woke me up by rubbing my face & asked if I needed anything. I steam cleaned the carpeting Friday night & finished on Saturday afternoon. He carried buckets of water to fill the reservoir up & emptied the dirty water for me!!

We watched a few scary movies & snuggled on the couch. He rubbed my head while we watched. On Saturday he put in a movie. He wouldn't tell me what it was. I figured it would be one of "his" type of movies...but to my surprise it was a Christmas one!! Ok, my husband is NOT one for Christmas movies...but I am =) After that movie he put in The Bucket List. I kept dozing off. I had seen it already & I was still not up to par. I woke up with about a half an hour left. At the end of the movie he was crying...he usually tries to hide that. When we first started dating one of the things I loved about him is that he was a toughie who cried at sad movies. He's no sap but the dude has feelings.

On Sunday we went to the store to buy dog food & replace our light bulbs with energy efficient ones. I mozied into the Christmas section. Bought a big tree for the bedroom & one for the staircase. He came up to me & said, "Kat, don't buy too much, I want to spend some $ to decorate the house." Holy jeepers!! He wants to DECORATE the house?!? Eyyy eyyyy eyyyy! This can't be good...he doesn't have a decorating bone in his body. We went to the area they have floor lamps & clocks. We picked out a floor lamp for by my recliner. He said I need one for reading, etc. Then he picked out a clock for the living room! It's gorgeous!! When we got home I asked him if he'd help me in the attic with bringing some of the Christmas decorations down. Year after year he has complained about my having to put numerous trees up. It's not like he's ever helped decorate a tree. I was ready for him to try to talk me out of it & be a Bah Humbug...but he wasn't!!! Not one negative word!!!

He went to his folks & to our semi. Well it was taking him forever & I was putting the lights on the tree & half the green lights were burnt out. He didn't have his cell on him so I called his folks to see if he was still there. I asked if he'd grab a couple strands at Walmart for the tree. He said sure! It sounded like he was ready to leave. So I figured it'd be about a half an hour tops & I'd be able to put the rest of the lights on. Well hours passed. He finally walked through the door, handed me the bag with lights, tossed a canister of beef jerky to me & handed over these....



The card says "Guess Who....Loves You? I Do!!!" Then he signed it "I love you sooo much" Ken How awesomely sweet!!! After that we went in the kitchen & he decided to make dinner...again!!! I wonder...what does he want to buy? Yup, I sure did get lucky!!
THANK YOU KEN...for being my best friend, my everything, my husband & the best daddy to our furry pets!!!

1 comment:

Jewel said...

Aw what a great sweet post to your hubbykins! I know the feeling...I got a great hubby too!